Perkins abruptly shuts down all West Michigan restaurants | News
WALKER, Mich. (WZZM)-Perkins is closing seven restaurants in West Michigan.
The locations include restaurants on Alpine Avenue in Walker, 28th Street and Northland Drive in Grand Rapids, North Park Drive in Holland, Harvey Street in Norton Shores, Chicago Drive in Jenison and another in Kalamazoo. It's unclear how many workers will be affected.
A company spokeswoman says the cuts were made for a variety of reasons.
She tells WZZM 13 News, "It's always a very difficult decision to close a restaurant and we are thankful to both our employees and our customers for their years of loyalty and patronage. We hope to have an opportunity to serve our customers at another Perkins location in the future."
Upcoming Events near Walker
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Kenowa Hills Superintendent evaluation April 23
- My Town Alpine Township: Master Plan open house April 22
- My Town: Forest Hills Northern and Comstock Park help break in newly rebuilt ballpark
- My Town Comstock Park: Resellers needed for Mom2Mom Sale
- My Town: Volunteers needed to help 'Stamp Out Hunger'
- Store employee opens fire on gunmen, one believed to have been wounded.
- My Town: University of Tennessee names Northview alum new coach
- My Town: Blythefield Country Club to detail plans for LPGA tournament
- My Town: Highlands Middle School to host boater safety classes
- My Town Northview: Proposed millage renewal information session April 22