Perkins abruptly shuts down all West Michigan restaurants | News
WALKER, Mich. (WZZM)-Perkins is closing seven restaurants in West Michigan.
The locations include restaurants on Alpine Avenue in Walker, 28th Street and Northland Drive in Grand Rapids, North Park Drive in Holland, Harvey Street in Norton Shores, Chicago Drive in Jenison and another in Kalamazoo. It's unclear how many workers will be affected.
A company spokeswoman says the cuts were made for a variety of reasons.
She tells WZZM 13 News, "It's always a very difficult decision to close a restaurant and we are thankful to both our employees and our customers for their years of loyalty and patronage. We hope to have an opportunity to serve our customers at another Perkins location in the future."
Upcoming Events near Walker
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- GRFD confirms child playing with fire caused West Side blaze
- My Town: Consumers Energy Foundation awards nearly $39K to nonprofits
- My Town: GVSU and DHS awarded research grant for family support program
- My Town GR West: Survey reveals Michigan parents overwhelmingly pleased with 21st century education
- OPINION: Michigan, Our Great State
- My Town: Board to address ballpark water upgrade proposal following fire
- My Town: Date set for Art Van Sports Complex grand opening
- Burglars lock up after stealing cigarettes
- 2 hospitalized following 131 crash near Post Drive
- Sun Title Launches EZ-Read Title CommitmentTM for Property Owners, Realtors® and Lenders