14-year-old charged as adult for 'open murder' | News
WALKER, Mich. (WZZM) - A Walker teen has officially been charged in court with Open Murder.
14-year-old Jared Seagraves was charged as an adult, but if sentenced, will stay in the juvenile detention system so he can have access to counseling and education.
Haminger was dating Seagrave's sister, and the father of her unborn child.
The teen could face a sentence of life in prison as an adult if convicted. However, the Supreme Court recently ruled that a juvenile cannot be sentenced to life in prison without parole hearings along the way.
The Open Murder charge gives prosecutors and the court the option to take a different murder charge into consideration.
Upcoming Events near Walker
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Comstock Park: Voting underway for Whitecaps Hall of Fame
- My Town: New study debunks myths about those in need in West Michigan
- My Town: Alpine Township business looks to expand
- My Town Comstock Park: Final Rotary barbecue of the summer Aug. 21
- Returning Army sergeant surprises girlfriend at Whitecaps game