14-year-old charged as adult for 'open murder' | News
WALKER, Mich. (WZZM) - A Walker teen has officially been charged in court with Open Murder.
14-year-old Jared Seagraves was charged as an adult, but if sentenced, will stay in the juvenile detention system so he can have access to counseling and education.
Haminger was dating Seagrave's sister, and the father of her unborn child.
The teen could face a sentence of life in prison as an adult if convicted. However, the Supreme Court recently ruled that a juvenile cannot be sentenced to life in prison without parole hearings along the way.
The Open Murder charge gives prosecutors and the court the option to take a different murder charge into consideration.
Upcoming Events near Walker
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Highlands Middle School to host boater safety classes
- My Town Northview: Proposed millage renewal information session April 22
- My Town: Voters to decide three school district millages in May
- Driver runs off road, dies in Plainfield Twp. crash
- My Town Plainfield: Hyser River Museum prepares to reopen for the season