Walker murder victim identified | News
WALKER, Mich. (WZZM) - Walker Police say the man shot and killed Sunday afternoon was Michael Haminger, 20, of Grand Rapids.
He died from multiple shots from a handgun discharged outside a home in the 2300 block of Powers NW.
A 14 year old is accused in the shooting. Prosecutors and police are deciding whether the youth will be charged as an adult or juvenile in the case. A hearing on the case occurred Monday in juvenile court.
Police say the victim was the boyfriend of the accused shooter's sister.
Upcoming Events near Walker
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Highlands Middle School to host boater safety classes
- My Town Northview: Proposed millage renewal information session April 22
- My Town: Voters to decide three school district millages in May
- Driver runs off road, dies in Plainfield Twp. crash
- My Town Plainfield: Hyser River Museum prepares to reopen for the season