Cinco de Mayo Restaurant to open in Walker | News
WALKER, Mich. (WZZM)- A new restaurant will soon open along Alpine Ave. in Walker. The city manager says the former site of the Perkins restaurant is being transformed into Cinco de Mayo Restaurant. The diner is owned by the same company that operates El Burrito further down the road.
Thursday artists were working on a new mural for the restaurant. It represents the circle of life.
Artist Roli Mancra says, "The hands, the arms represent the mother earth, it represents the Aztec gods, and now we can represent the hand of God that feeds us, that provides for us."
The artist says the Aztec calendar featured on the restaurant's wall is meant to represent the sun.
Perkins closed all seven of its West Michigan restaurants a year ago. WZZM 13 tried contacting the cities where they were located to find out if new businesses have moved in yet. The only city worker to return our calls was in Jenison. He said the former Jenison Perkins has been sold, but he didn't know which business was moving into it.
Upcoming Events near Walker
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Board to address ballpark water upgrade proposal following fire
- My Town: Date set for Art Van Sports Complex grand opening
- Burglars lock up after stealing cigarettes
- 2 hospitalized following 131 crash near Post Drive
- Sun Title Launches EZ-Read Title CommitmentTM for Property Owners, Realtors® and Lenders