Blandford Nature Center Wildlife Rehab Blog - Barn Owl In West Michigan? | News
Today I got a phone call saying that someone had a Barn Owl who was injured. I told them to bring him on in, but fully doubted that it was going to be a Barn Owl that actually walked through our doors. Though I have only been at Blandford for a couple of years, my colleague has been here ten years and never had a Barn Owl come in. Barn Owls are a very rare sight in Michigan and are listed on the endangered species list. They often nest in tree cavities, abandoned buildings, and barns from which it gets its name. They feed on small vertebrates, such as mice..
Upcoming Events near Walker
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Kenowa Hills Superintendent evaluation April 23
- My Town Alpine Township: Master Plan open house April 22
- My Town: Forest Hills Northern and Comstock Park help break in newly rebuilt ballpark
- My Town Comstock Park: Resellers needed for Mom2Mom Sale
- My Town: Volunteers needed to help 'Stamp Out Hunger'
- Store employee opens fire on gunmen, one believed to have been wounded.
- My Town: University of Tennessee names Northview alum new coach
- My Town: Blythefield Country Club to detail plans for LPGA tournament
- My Town: Highlands Middle School to host boater safety classes
- My Town Northview: Proposed millage renewal information session April 22