Our network

Walker house fire ignited by smoldering charcoal | News

Title (Max 100 Characters)

Walker house fire ignited by smoldering charcoal
News


WALKER, Mich. (WZZM) -- Smoldering charcoal in a garbage can ignited a home in Walker Saturday morning.

The fire broke out on the 4000 block of Shannon Street.

The Walker Fire Captain tells WZZM 13 the coals were used Friday night and dumped into the trash can on the side of the home.

The coals started on fire Saturday morning in the garbage and spread to the home, causing extensive roof damage.

No one was injured.


News