Witnesses describe Motel 6 murder | News
WALKER, Mich. (WZZM) - Two women who were staying at the Motel 6 in Walker last Wednesday say they witnessed the murder of 31 year old Mark Moore and the escape of suspected killer Jack Jacqmain.
"Jack had him around the throat and was stabbing him," says Joan; making a slashing motion with her arm. "The victim is screaming for help," adds her roommate Deb. "Somebody please help me. It was worse than a horror flick."
Because the killer is still not in custody the witnesses asked us not to release their last names.
Joan and Deb say 52-year-old suspect Jack Jacqmain was deliberately provoking guests on the first floor by spitting and pouring water on them from the second floor balcony.
They say Mark Moore, a visitor from Indianapolis, was murdered when he went upstairs to speak with Jacqmain.
"To confront him and tell him to knock it off," says Joan.
Hours earlier Joan say she warned management about the suspects aggressive, anti-social behavior.
"I did report this behavior to the office and they basically laughed at me and didn't want to hear what I had to say," she says. "I knew this was going to happen and they didn't pay attention to anything I said."
The Walker Motel 6 is owned by Accor North America based in Carrollton, Texas.
Late Tuesday they offered an e-mail response.
"The safety and security of our guests and employees is our utmost priority. We take very seriously our guests' concerns, and our staff responded to and investigated our guests' concerns regarding the individual in question. We are cooperating fully with the authorities in their ongoing investigation and are hopeful that the suspect will soon be apprehended and brought to justice."
- Victor Glover, Sr. VP, Safety & Security, Accor North America
After stabbing the victim multiple times the witnesses say the suspect grabbed his backpack and walked calmly away.
"He wasn't running, says Joan. "He was walking very calmly, like a normal walk."
"I don't know how he slipped by," says Deb. "He just vanished."
Police from many jurisdictions are now hunting him.
Upcoming Events near Walker
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Kenowa Hills to hold May 2 event to support veterans
- My Town Comstock Park: Book Sale to support library programs this weekend
- My Town: Kenowa Hills Superintendent evaluation April 23
- My Town Alpine Township: Master Plan open house April 22
- My Town: Forest Hills Northern and Comstock Park help break in newly rebuilt ballpark
- Store employee opens fire on gunmen, one believed to have been wounded.
- My Town: University of Tennessee names Northview alum new coach
- My Town: Blythefield Country Club to detail plans for LPGA tournament
- My Town: Highlands Middle School to host boater safety classes
- My Town Northview: Proposed millage renewal information session April 22