Christian Slater, newest 'Playback' actor, loves Grand Rapids | News
GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) -- The supernatural thriller "Playback" is shooting at locations around Grand Rapids, and one of the new members of the cast says he's loving the city.
Veteran actor Christian Slater joined the cast this week. He plays a jaded police officer who may not be what he seems.
Slater has obviously not been with the production for long, but he is enjoying his time in West Michigan.
"I love it," Slater says. "It's beautiful.
"The hotel is gorgeous. We're right along the river. There are guys out there fly fishing. It's gorgeous. I love this type of place and being here. [People] are so friendly to the movie industry, so we couldn't be more grateful."
Slater will be in Grand Rapids for the rest of the week. Production of "Playback" is expected to wrap up at the end of September.
Some of the scenes for the movie were filmed at the WZZM 13 studios in Grand Rapids.
Upcoming Events near Walker
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Highlands Middle School to host boater safety classes
- My Town Northview: Proposed millage renewal information session April 22
- My Town: Voters to decide three school district millages in May
- Driver runs off road, dies in Plainfield Twp. crash
- My Town Plainfield: Hyser River Museum prepares to reopen for the season